Deep water capitellids

Dr. Julie Brock BROCK at
Tue Nov 21 14:53:51 EST 1995

From: b_brown at
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 12:56:23 -0500
To: annelida at
Subject: Latin and capitellids

Before anyone else says it, Yes, I know ...
        Latin is not a national language these days.

Is anyone out there working on deep sea capitellids these days?

Hi Betsy, Yes, we are coming across capitellids at depths of 300-500m
of the S. shore of Oahu and will probably need some guidance if you
are willing. There are also 4 or 5 species from 70m that have not
been taken to genus and another we call Scyphoproctus djiboutiensis.
        Let me know if you would like to examine any of them.
           Aloha, Julie Brock