Procaerea fasciata

Edwin Cruz-rivera ecruzriv at
Wed Apr 10 14:04:14 EST 1996

Dear people,
        The syllid Procaerea fasciata isvery common on one species of
hydroid along the coats of Morehead City, North Carolina.  I have also
abserved it on a different species of hydroid down in the Bahamas.
Additionally, I have collected it from a local sponge on occasion.
Although I have seen a few refernces about its habits, I have not found
any detailed work on its ecology.  Am I just looking in the wrong
places?  Has anyone worked on this animal enough as to give me an
indication of whether this association with hydroids has any pattern or

Edwin Cruz-Rivera				Ph  (919) 726-6841
Institute of Marine Sciences			Fax (919) 726-2426
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill	email: ecruzriv at
3431 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557