earthworms as fish food (fwd)

Geoff Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Sun Jun 2 05:08:00 EST 1996

I don't quite know what to make of this. An odd new slant in
self-publicising, although its effectiveness may be questionable. It's
from the newsgroup for new lists, and I feel compelled to help out by
exposing Annelidans to Dr Tacon's message. Currently the list membership
can be numbered on the fingers of one hand :^) GBR.

------- Forwarded Message to Annelida Follows -------

ET-W7 on listserv at searn.sunet.se   Earthworms as fish food

   Mailing list for the discussion of the paper:
       The use of earthworms as a food for rainbow trout Salmo Gairdneri".

   by Dr. Albert G.J. Tacon, Food and Agriculture
       Organization, Rome, Italy.

   To obtain a reprint of the paper by air-mail, please send your
       request with your postal address to: Dr. Albert Tacon
           <albert.tacon at fao.org>.

   This paper may be available in your library in C.A. Edwards and
       E.F. Neuhauser (eds). 1988. Earthworms in waste and
           environmental management. Pages 193-208. Academic Publishing,
               The Netherlands.

As the use of earthworms in solid waste disposal and treatment is
on the increasing, earthworms will become a by-product which has
several potential uses. It has been used as a source of protein in
animal feeds for chickens, pigs, mice and fish and some
organizations and research institutions have studied this
extensively. This research paper reports the nutritional value of 5
species of earthworms as feed for rainbow trout.

Subscription:
email listserv at searn.sunet.se and write the message:

                SUB ET-W7 firstname lastname

Owner:  Mr. Eng-Leong Foo  foo at ias.unu.edu
Inst of Advcanced Studies, UN University, Tokyo.

DISCLAIMER: NEW-LIST announcements are edited from information
provided by the original submitter.  We do NOT verify the technical
accuracy nor any claims made in the announcements nor do we
necessarily agree with them.  We do not warranty or guarantee any
services which might be announced - use at your own risk.  For more
information send e-mail to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.NoDak.EDU with the command
 GET NEW-LIST README  in the body.  mgh

-------  End of Forwarded Message -------