Annelid WWW, PRO addresses

Geoff Read g.read at niwa.cri.nz
Tue Mar 19 06:18:05 EST 1996

Hello  folks,

This note is about annelid Web pages but please read on even if
you don't have access to WWW yet.

Some of you may have looked at my  WWW  page and noticed I
promised to expand the annelid and polychaete information in future
revisions and shift it to another site. I am pleased to announce
that this at last is about to become a reality and that, thanks to
access provided by Julian Humphries at Cornell University
Biodiversity site, a set of 'Annelid resources' pages will be at
that address. Major items of information will include all abstracts
from the 5th International Polychaete Conference of last year,  an
online version of JM (Lobo) Orensanz's evolving checklist of  the
British Columbia and Washington polychaetes, and  condensed guides
to polychaete families and higher classification and terminology
which will be updated as feedback is received. There is a section
for translations (to English!) which at the moment has only one
paper in it. I hope you will have others that can be distributed in
this way.

There will also be background information aimed at informing those
newly-interested in polychaetes of some of the resources available
(publications,IPA activities, etc,  -- things most of you know
about, although they may not have been collected together in this
way before), and of course links to relevant polychaete and annelid
pages and people pages that I have encountered.

I will put an updated version of the PRO polychaetologist address
list there. So I would like to be informed of any recent important
changes and additions to your details. The easiest way to do this
is through the form at my WWW page at Actrix, or you can just e-
mail me directly.

Anyone who does  not want their IPC5 abstract distributed online, or
who wants to update it, should contact me as soon as possible (Don't
worry about new species names. They will not appear!).

This site is available to display any useful annelid data and needs
your input. If you have any other suitable information  please send
it along.

I will announce the URL for the new pages in a few days (i.e., don't
bother to look just yet).

Thanks,

Geoff Read             <g.read at niwa.cri.nz>
|\ | | \  /\  /  /\    Nat. Inst. Water & Atmos. Res., Wellington NZ
Annelida resources =>  http://www.actrix.gen.nz/users/chaeto/index.html