Tropical Seasonality

Alan Eugene Davis adavis at saipan.com
Sat Nov 16 10:34:00 EST 1996

I have been collecting information on tropical seasonality for several
years.  My special interest is in marine seasonality.

I am interested in obtaining information regarding any tropical
polychaetes in which seasonality of any kind (abundance, distribution,
and more usually reproductive) has been observed.  I am aware of one
such instance in Chuuk, E. Caroline Islands, and have observed the
luminescent epitokes of certain worms (maybe or maybe not a _Palolo_
sp.) that are associated traditionally with the third night after full
moon.  Another night of the moon has the same name, so a different
worm may also be involved.

I would be grateful for any suggestive or documented information
regarding _any_ seasonal phenomena in the tropics, especially in the
Pacific.   Hopefully it will eventually---probably some years
hence---possible to produce a review.

--
 Alan Eugene Davis    Marianas High School      15o 8.8'N       GMT+10
 adavis at saipan.com    AAA 196 Box 10,001        145o 42.5'E

	     1997---International Year of the Coral Reef