Benthic displays

GaylePlaia at GaylePlaia at
Thu Sep 26 10:06:01 EST 1996

 I am presently involved in designing the Marine Hall displays for the
renovation of the  North Carolina State Museum of Natural Sciences.  I am
pushing for more (some) attention to the benthic environment and wonder if
anyone has had experience with public displays of benthic animals.  I would
like a mix of both living displays and dioramas.  Has anyone kept large
polychaetes (maybe Arenicola, maldanids, etc.) or Thallassinid shrimp in an
antfarm type display?  Does anyone have tips on keeping Chaetopterus?  Any
other ideas about how we help the general public learn about the benthos
would be much appreciated.

Gayle Plaia
<GaylePlaia at>

   Server address   =  biosci-server at (un/subscribes)
   Discussion address  =  annelida at  (talk to all members)
   List archives  =  URL: