Sabella spallanzanii

EleniTW EleniTW_at_AMBS at
Tue Aug 5 00:48:58 EST 1997

     Dear All
     I'm currently working at the Australian Museum, Sydney on a literature
     review investigating the ability of target organisms to suvive in
     Ballast Water.  The organisms of interest being Sabella spallanzanii,
     Carcinus maenus, Asterias amurensis, Undaria pinnatifida, Gymnodinium
     catenatum and Alexandrium spp.
     I'm looking for information on the life history, habitat, growth
     rates, survival rates and larval stages (including tolerance of
     physical parameters such as temperature, salinity, light, dissolved
     oxygen) of Sabella spallanzanii.  I'm also looking for information on
     the ability of  Sabella spallanzanii larvae to survive in ballast
     So far I have only found limited information on Sabella spallanzanii
     and any new leads or personal communications would be greatly
     I can be contacted by
     email:     elenitw at
     mail:      Australian Museum
                1 Stanley Lane
                East Sydney NSW 2010
     fax:       0011-61-2-9380-6964
     phone:     0011-61-2-9320-6311
     Your help in this matter is much appreciated
     Yours sincerely
     Dr Eleni Taylor-Wood

Discuss   = annelida at      = talk to all members
Server    = biosci-server at = un/subscribes