Freshwater serpulids

Geoff Read g.read at niwa.cri.nz
Sun Aug 31 18:06:40 EST 1997

Gia Pendred wrote:
> ... I have heard of Marifugia cavatica
> that exists in some caves in the former Yugoslavia, but the only
> reference cited is from 1930 in an obscure journal and is not in
> English! Does anybody have any further references ...

To get the obvious out the way first .... These below are probably from
Linda Ward's electronic bibliography available at
http://www.keil.ukans.edu/~worms/bibliog/bibliowf.html

 Absolon,K (1930): Marifugia cavatica, novy rod morskych cervu
Polychaeta, nalezeny ve sladkych vodach Hercegoviny. Zvlastni otisk z Vedy
prirodni roe 11, 1-9

 Bianchi,CN (1979): Serpuloidea (Annelida, Polychaeta)
delle acque Italiane: Elenco delle specie e chiavi per la determinazione.
Annali del Museo Civico di Stria Naturale 'Giacomo Doria' Geno
 82, 266-294.

 Chardard,R (1945): Sur les organies sacciformes de deux serpuliens:
Marifugia cavatica Absalon et Hrabe et Mercierella enigmatica Fauvel.
Bulletin de Museum Hist. Nat. Paris, 2 17, 493-496.

 Matjasic,J; Sket,B (1966): Developpement larvaire du serpulien
caverincole Marifugia cavatica, Absolon et Hrabe (Polychaeta, Sedentaria).
Int. J. Speleol. 2, 9-1

 Remy,Paul (1937): Sur Marifugia cavatica Absalom et Hrabe,
serpulide des eaux douces sousterranees du Karst adriatique. Bulletin de
Museum d'Histoire naturelle, Paris 9, 66

 Sket,B (1983): [Is Marifugia a refugee from the sea?]. Proteus
46(3), 102-104

 ten Hove,Harry A (1979): Different causes of mass occurrence in
serpulids. Chapter 16 in: G. Larwood and B. R. Rosen, eds. Biology and
Systematics of Colonial Organisms. Academic Press, Lond
 and New York. pp.281-298.

I was unable to find anything relevant  in a quick look at  ASFA online.

--
  Geoff Read <g.read at niwa.cri.nz>

-- ANNELIDA LIST
   Server address   =  biosci-server at net.bio.net (un/subscribes)