Rouse, Fauchald, Eibye-Jacobsen, Nielsen

judy A Fournier 110275.1004 at
Wed Dec 3 18:47:28 EST 1997

Dear Annelidans:

        Trying to develop a cladistic analysis of the annelida is all very
well but I, at least, still await proof that the Polychaeta are
monophyletic or at least a cohesive natural grouping.   We tend to take it
for granted, but I am not at all sure that the Nereididae are any more
closely related to the Sabellidae than they might be to the Clitellata!

        Judy Fournier

<110275.1004 at>