Help with five polychaete genera

Dr. Andrew G. McArthur mcarthur at onyx.si.edu
Fri May 9 10:54:15 EST 1997

Colleagues,

In the process of maintaining our deep-sea hydrothermal vent faunal
database, I have come across five genera of polychaetes for which I was
unable to find any records in the CD-ROM version of the Zoological
Record (1978-1996):

Amathys
Bathykurila
Hesiocaeca
Orbiniella
Orseis

If anyone can help me with citations to these, I would be very
appreciative.  I am after systematic citations and information on their
distribution as I need to know if they are endemic to hydrothermal
vents.  Much thanks!

Dr. Andrew G. McArthur
Laboratory of Molecular Systematics, Smithsonian Museum Support Center,
4210 Silver Hill Road, Suitland, Maryland 20746

Phone: (301) 238-3444 Ext. 112, Fax: (301) 238-3059
mcarthur at onyx.si.edu, http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/8431/
The DEEPSEA Research Newsgroup: BIONET.BIOLOGY.DEEPSEA
More Info: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/8431/deepsea.html

-- ANNELIDA
Discuss   = annelida at net.bio.net      = talk to all members
Server    = biosci-server at net.bio.net = un/subscribes