Help with Thermanermertes

pchevald at pchevald at
Fri May 9 18:06:47 EST 1997

Andrew G. McArthur wrote:
>In the process of maintaining our deep-sea hydrothermal vent faunal
>database, I have come across the nemertean genus Thermanermertes for
>which I was unable to find any records in the CD-ROM version of the
>Zoological Record (1978-1996).  If anyone can help me with citations to
>Thermanermertes, I would be very appreciative.  I am after systematic
>citations and information on its distribution as I need to know if it is
>endemic to hydrothermal vents.  Much thanks!

Is this an automated enquiry system???
Since the genus Thermanemertes (not Thermanermertes) has just recently been
created for the hydrothermal-vent species T. valens, this is so far the only

Rogers A.D. et al. 1996. A new genus and species of monostiliferous
hoplonemertean colonizing an inchoate hydrothermal field on Juan de Fuca
Ridge. Deep-Sea Res, 43: 1581-1599.

Pierre Chevaldonne
Center for Deep-Sea Ecology and Biotechnology
Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences
Rutgers University
Dudley Road, Cook College
New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA

Tel: 908 932 8959 (x-205)
Fax: 908 932 6557
E-mail: pchevald at

Discuss   = annelida at      = talk to all members
Server    = biosci-server at = un/subscribes