Help with five polychaete genera

Geoff Read at
Sun May 11 19:05:14 EST 1997

> In the process of maintaining our deep-sea hydrothermal vent faunal
> database, I have come across five genera of polychaetes for which I was
> unable to find any records in the CD-ROM version of the Zoological
> Record (1978-1996):

Hmmm! So Annelida list was the next obvious resource. ;^)

To do the remainder ...

> Amathys

Desbruyeres,D; Laubier,L (1996): A New Genus And Species Of Ampharetid
Polychaete From Deep-Sea Hydrothermal Vent Community In The Azores
Triple-Junction Area. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington
109(2, 25 Jun), 248-255.

> Bathykurila

Pettibone,Marian H (1976): Revision of the genus Macellicephala McIntosh
and the subfamily Macellicephalinae Hartmann-Schroder (Polychaeta:
Polynoidae). Smithson. Contrib. Zool. 229, 1-71.
 [Bathykurila zenkevitchi n.gen. n. comb. Later papers add at least
another vent sp.]

> Orbiniella

Day,JH (1954): The Polychaeta of Tristan da Cunha. Results of the
Norwegian Scientific Expedition to Tristan da Cunha 1937-1938. 29, 1-35.

  Geoff Read < at>

   Server address   =  biosci-server at (un/subscribes)
   Discussion address  =  annelida at  (talk to all members)
   List archives  =  URL:
   Research resource = URL: