Seeking Postdoc: Invertebrate Molecular Systematics

Dr. Andrew G. McArthur mcarthur at
Tue Oct 7 17:21:05 EST 1997

I am nearing completion of my post-doc at the National Museum of Natural
History's Laboratory of Molecular Systematics where I have been working on
the molecular phylogenetics of various deep-sea gastropod lineages, with
emphasis upon possible sulphide-associated refugial relics.  I am seeking
postdoctoral opportunities in marine invertebrate molecular systematics to
begin in January-February 1998, with preference for a position in the New
England region (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, etc.).  I am interested
in working on phylogenetic or biogeographic issues in any marine
invertebrate taxon, but would especially be interested in working with
endemic deep-sea groups, particularly among the polychaetes, copepods,
barnacles, or gastropods.  I have several possible research projects for
these groups I would be willing to discuss.

Full details of my research interests, my Curriculum Vitae, and
supplemental information can be found on my web site:

Please forward this message to anyone who may be interested, with my

Andrew McArthur

Dr. Andrew G. McArthur, Postdoctoral Fellow, Laboratory of Molecular
Systematics, Smithsonian Museum Support Center, 4210 Silver Hill Road,
Suitland, Maryland 20746, U.S.A.

Phone: (301) 238-3444 Ext. 112, Fax: (301) 238-3059
mcarthur at,

   Server address   =  biosci-server at (un/subscribes)
   Discussion address  =  annelida at  (talk to all members)
   List archives  =  URL:
   Research resource = URL: