Libbie Hyman

Geoff Read at
Thu Feb 5 02:16:58 EST 1998

Hi folks,

A snippet of info:

By chance today I came across a web'ised (not elegant  but no matter) short
autobiography  of Libbie Hyman of fame through "The invertebrates"
multi-volume treatise. I recommend it to you all as a worthwhile read when
you have a free moment to look. It is rather a surprise, and sad that her
personal life was so difficult.

Also surprising to me is  that her doctoral thesis was "An Analysis of the
Process of Regeneration in Certain Microdrilous Oligochaetes".  I knew she
had done a handful of  papers impinging on annelids.

Deceased 1969. Now which of you own up to meeting her?   :-)

  Geoff Read < at>