Worm tracks more than 1000 million years old?

Geoff Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Thu Nov 19 17:13:17 EST 1998

There is another news item on this debate in Science of 6 November, p1020.
Now some say the slightly younger 'fossils' (23 Oct. p601 & 627)
immediately above Seilacher's which therefore cast doubt on the great age
of Seilacher's 'animals' are not fossils but artifacts. But also support
for Seilacher's traces being those of living creatures is equivocal.

Why am I not surprised? I think I'll discount this one until there are
more substantial fossils to debate than tracks which may be anything or
nothing.

Original article:

--
   Geoff Read <gread at actrix.gen.nz>