Worm tracks more than 1000 million years old?

Geoff Read g.read at niwa.cri.nz
Sun Oct 18 23:20:29 EST 1998

Sigh!! Of course we shall suspend final judgement until the rebuttal of
the rebuttal but ...

Brasier,Martin (1998): From deep time to late arrivals. Nature
395(6702), 547-548. 8 October

Commentary in rival journal with possible debunk of Adolf Seilacher et al.
1100 million year old trace fossils. Brasier says Lower Vindhyan rocks may
be much younger (540 Million BP) than previous dating suggested.

> A new paper published in today's date (2 Oct) issue of Science suggests
> 'worms' created fossil traces in very ancient sandstones. If the authors'
> interpretation is correct, this would extend back considerably the time
> of first appearance of multicellular animals.

[...]

--
  Geoff Read <g.read at niwa.cri.nz>