Sergio Salazar Vallejo salazar at
Fri Jan 15 19:01:19 EST 1999

Dear Torleif and Torkild,

Please refer to a review by Light (1991. Ophelia Suppl. 5:133-146) in order
to see the restrictions in the use of Asychis. Aschys is an orthographic
error. Make 1999 your best year!

At 12:52 PM 15/01/99 -0800, you wrote:
>As referees of a paper on polychaetes, we found in a table the generic
>name Aschys (with a reference to Bolivar 1986) listed below four
>maldanid species. We have been unable to verify this genus, and
>suspect it might be an erroneous spelling for Asychis. Does anybody
>Torleif Holthe & Torkild Bakken

	La Ciencia del Tercer Mundo no está perdida, sino ignorada.
	Third World Science is not lost (Sci. Amer. Aug. 1995:76),
		just ignored.

Sergio I. Salazar-Vallejo
Depto. Ecología Acuática
ECOSUR, Apdo. Postal 424
Chetumal QR 77000 MEXICO
salazar at

Tel. (983) 20115, 21666
Fax  (983) 20447

Discuss   = annelida at      = talk to all members
Server    = biosci-server at = un/subscribes