Hyalinoecia bilineata

Salva salherra at ctv.es
Wed Jun 16 16:54:22 EST 1999

Dear list mates,

Still writing the manuscript on polychaete patterns off La Gomera Island
(Tenerife, Spain). I have a question regarding the characteristic
occurrence of Hyalinoecia bilineata in my study sites that may be related to
their flexible feeding behaviour and the oligotrophic condition of the
Canarian waters.

Fauchald & Jumars (1979) have suggested that Hyalinoecia spp. are
opportunists displaying omnivorous scavenging and high motility and are
better represented in nutrient-poor, shifting sands than any other onuphid.

Do you know of any published study where such pattern is confirmed? If so,
could you give the full reference of it?

Thank you,

<salherra at ctv.es>