Hyalinoecia bilineata

Geoff Read g.read at niwa.cri.nz
Tue Jun 22 18:04:29 EST 1999

Salva wrote:
> Fauchald & Jumars (1979) have suggested that Hyalinoecia spp. are
> opportunists displaying omnivorous scavenging and high motility and are
> better represented in nutrient-poor, shifting sands than any other onuphid.
>
> Do you know of any published study where such pattern is confirmed?

I looked for information on Hyalinoecia spp. behaviour a little while ago. For
such conspicuous animals there is surprisingly little available.

This paper may have some useful references:

Read, G. B., & H. E. S. Clark. 1999. Ingestion of quill-worms by the
astropectinid sea-star Proserpinaster neozelanicus (Mortensen).— New
Zealand Journal of Zoology, 26:49-54.

--
  Geoff Read <g.read at niwa.cri.nz>