Freshwater polychaetes from Alaska

Aaron Baldwin jsapb at
Sat Nov 6 13:38:40 EST 1999

Dear group,

I am in the process of sorting infauna samples from alpine bog ponds in
Sitka, Alaska, as part of a class project. In nearly every sample we have
1-3 rather large (20-30 mm) polychaetes. They were collected from
several ponds at approximately 1000 m elevation. I haven't yet looked
close to determine family (for this project "Polychaeta" is close enough).
I plan to take a much more detailed look after the weekend. I am fairly
sure it's not a nereid. I was wondering if there were good sources of
information on Alaskan FW annelids, or anyone who would be interested
in specimens.  I have permission to save the specimens from the ash
weight section of the project. Thanks in advance - Aaron

Aaron Baldwin <jsapb at>

Discuss   = annelida at      = talk to all members
Server    = biosci-server at = un/subscribes