Nereis caudata

Judith A. Fournier 110275.1004 at
Mon Nov 15 17:57:26 EST 1999

Somewhere here in my files I have a reference that shows that Nereis
arenaceodentata Moore, 1903 from New England (type locality =
Massachusetts) has a different chromosome number than N.
arenaceodentata from California.  This suggests that the Nereididae
include a number of cryptospecies that need to be checked VERY

If I can find my notes (it ain't snow - yet-- it's paper), I'll post the

Judy Fournier

<110275.1004 at>