IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

Palouse worm

Sam James sjames at mum.edu
Sun Nov 28 16:03:37 EST 1999

>Please. Where can I get info. about the Palouse worm of Washington 
>state that grows up to 18 inches long?         Thanks.     
>jdmeissner at aol.com  

There is not much information to get. It is called Driloleirus americanus. It 
lives in the Palouse area in grassland and shrublands, and has been found 
so far near Ellensburg WA, Pullman WA, Clarkston WA and Lewiston ID. It 
makes fairly deep burrows, it eats a diet rich in organic matter, and is 
endangered or threatened, so don't go out digging them up.  

The regional authorities on the worm and others from the Pacific NW are 
W. Michael Fender and his mother, Dorothy McKey-Fender.  She is at 835 
Ashwood Avenue, McMinnville, OR.  

If you need any further help and cannot contact the Fenders, let me know.

~  Sam James                ~
~  Dept. of Biology         ~
~  Maharishi Univ. of Mgmt. ~
~  1000 N. 4th St. FM 1056  ~
~  Fairfield, IA 52557      ~
~  sjames at mum.edu           ~
~  515-472-1146             ~
~ Systematics and Ecology   ~
~ of Earthworms             ~

   Discuss  =  <annelida at net.bio.net> = talk to all members
   Server =  <biosci-server at net.bio.net> = un/subscribes
   Archives  = http://www.bio.net:80/hypermail/ANNELIDA/
   Resources = http://biodiversity.uno.edu/~worms/annelid.html

More information about the Annelida mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net