Methyl blue/ Methyl green

Marie Pendle EG CEFAS M.A.Pendle at cefas.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 16:32:03 EST 1999

Hello everyone,

		Following a conversation with a colleague today, I was wondering
how many others use the above mentioned stains as an aid to polychaete
identification?  We use them to accentuate chaetal lobes (Nephtys,
Glycera etc.), but I vaguely recall hearing that some animals produce
characteristic patterns when these stains are used - does anyone know of
any literature published, or is this one of those tools that gets used in-
house only?  I would be pleased to get any information

Many thanks
Marie
Marie Pendle
CEFAS Burnham Laboratory