Tubeworm rearing and light

Nicola Diane Chapman N.D.Chapman at
Mon Apr 10 16:46:47 EST 2000

Dear all,

I am hoping to rear some tubeworms in the laboratory, although I have an
optimum temperature and know the average light levels in field I am unsure
how artificial light compares to natural (i.e. whether more or less is
required), and how sensitive polychaetes are to artifical light. If anyone
knows a particular reference that could lead me in the right direction it
would be appreciated.

Much appreciated,

p.s. i have already Woods Hole publications

Nicola Diane Chapman
Heriot-Watt University
<N.D.Chapman at>