Sabellaria species

Roman RPORRAS at
Thu Dec 7 16:09:08 EST 2000

I am working on Sabellaria alveolata reefs along the Valencia Gulf coast,
western Mediterranean. In recent years I have observed an increase in the
population of Sabellaria spinulosa alcoki. In the literature, sometimes is
cited S. spinulosa and some times S. alcoki as if they were different
species, so I would like to know the differences between them, or if these
two names may be considered as synonymous. It would be very helpful for
my job receiving bibliographic references concerning the subject.

Thank you in advance, Roman
rporras at