Protoaricia and Pararicia (Family: Orbiniidae)

Jennifer Dreyer jennydreyer at
Tue Dec 19 18:51:49 EST 2000

Hi there,

	I am looking for any recent information on the genus Protoaricia and
Pararicia or help from anyone who might be working on these polychaetes.
 The most recent paper I have is Solis-Weiss and Faulchald 1989. I have
not been able to track down any other papers here in our library and I
need to see the descriptions and illustrations, if possible.  If anyone out
there has any new information or papers where I might be able to find
some descriptions I would greatly appreciate it.  I would also like to know
how many species of both genus there are.  From my literature searches I
have found 4 species of Protoaricia (P.oerstedi, P. capsulifera, P.
pigmentata, and P. minima) and 1 species of Pararicia (P. belizensis).

Thank you in advance.

Jenny Dreyer
<jennydreyer at>

The Wormlab