Do I get an easter egg?

Worsaae, Katrine KWorsaae at zmuc.ku.dk
Tue Apr 10 05:23:46 EST 2001

Hi anneliders,

I am the author of the paper announced no less than twice in the toc-alert
from the journal Zoologisher Anzeiger. The mistake is corrected now and
the contents of this volume of Zoologischer anzeiger can be found on the
website http://www.urbanfischer.de/journals/zoolanz/.  Besides the
correct title, I have here enclosed the abstract:

WORSAAE, K.: The Systematic Significance of Palp Morphology in the
Polydora Complex (Polychaeta: Spionidae). Zoologischer Anzeiger 240
(1): 45-58. Abstract. The palp morphology of Dipolydora coeca, D.
quadrilobata, Polydora ciliata, P. cornuta and Pseudopolydora pulchra
were studied with light and scanning electron microscope. Two new palp
characters were found on the two species of Dipolydora: randomly
scattered motile cirri and glandular holes. The palp morphology of the
investigated species is compared with earlier reports on other members
of the Polydora complex. Congeneric palp similarities are found in
Polydora and Dipolydora. A single exception is the aberrant Dipolydora
commensalis, which has a distinctive palp morphology not found in any
other spionid. The palp morphology of the two closely related genera
Dipolydora and Polydora is significantly different, which supports the
validity of the recently resurrected genus Dipolydora. Comparative
studies indicate that the palp morphology of Pseudopolydora pulchra
closely resembles that of Dipolydora. The recently studied palp
morphology of Boccardia polybranchia has many similarities with that of
Polydora.

Keywords. Palp morphology, scanning electron microscopy, ciliary groups,
Boccardia, Dipolydora, Polydora, Pseudopolydora.

I have recently begun a Ph.D. study with the title "Revision and
phylogeny of Nerillidae, the last Archiannelid family" - however on the
polychaete conference this summer I will give a talk on some of my
results from my masters about  the palp morphology of Prionospio- and
other spionids. I hope to meet you all there.

Spring greetings from

Katrine Worsaae
Zoological Museum, University of Copenhagen
Universitetsparken 15
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø
Denmark
http://www.zmuc.dk/InverWeb/staff/kworsaae.htm