Nereididae online

Torkild Bakken torkild.bakken at
Fri Feb 23 15:38:40 EST 2001

Dear colleagues,

For a while I have been collecting information about known species in the
two families Nereididae and Sphaerodoridae from original descriptions.
About a year ago I included some of this information in my web-pages,
which are recently updated. Some of this information might be of general
interest, hence this notice.

I have presented a list of all known species in all genera, but it is quite
obvious that for some genera several species are left out, especially in
some nereidid genera. I believe I have a complete list of all 85 described
species in Sphaerodoridae. I apologise if species recently described
have passed me unnoticed. A link to both familes can be found at:

I would like to thank those of you that have sent me reprints, references
or have helped in other ways. Any comments and suggestions are greatly

Torkild Bakken
<torkild.bakken at>

Torkild Bakken, MSc, Research Fellow
Department of Natural History,
Norwegian University of
Science and Technology
N-7491 Trondheim
Phone: +47 73 59 22 97, Fax: +47 73 59 22 95

Discuss   = annelida at      = talk to all members
Server    = biosci-server at = un/subscribes