Publication of the week is ...

Kirk Fitzhugh kfitzhug at
Wed Feb 28 21:03:44 EST 2001

At 01:04 AM 3/1/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Orrhage, L. 2001. On the anatomy of the central nervous system and the
>morphological value of the anterior end appendages of Ampharetidae,
>Pectinariidae and Terebellidae (Polychaeta). -  Acta Zoologica 82(1):57-71.

> It might interest scorers of family character states that: " ... the
> ampharetids, the pectinariids and the terebellids bear no antennae and no
> palps and that their buccal tentacles belong to the alimentary canal."

That's great news regarding the matter of palps. I never did agree with
that interpretation.  ;-)

"A logic that tends toward answers and
neglects the questions is a false logic."

Collingwood (1939)

Kirk Fitzhugh, Ph.D.
Associate Curator of Polychaetes
Research & Collections Branch
Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History
900 Exposition Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90007
Phone:   213-763-3233
FAX:     213-746-2999