Getting polychaetes to chill out

James Blake jablake at
Thu Jan 25 21:41:24 EST 2001

Propylene phenoxetol was widely hailed as a relaxant in the 1970's, and
was found to work well as a for a wide variety of invertebrates, but has
since  been demonstrated to be a carcinogen. Hence, use only with

Sendall, Kelly wrote:

> I am interested in hearing about any experience anneliders might have in
> using propylene phenoxytol as a relaxant on polychaetes before fixation.

James A. Blake, Ph.D.
ENSR Marine & Coastal Center
89 Water Street
Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543