Inner Mongolian desert polychaete

Helmut Zibrowius Helmut.Zibrowius at com.univ-mrs.fr
Fri Nov 9 20:13:13 EST 2001

Recently G. Read informed us:

>Thought I'd share this with you. In the indexing world of BIOSIS the
>Mongolian desert has a polychaete fauna.

I was not less surprised by Gerardia (a very special zoantharian
described from the Mediterranean) indexed by BIOSIS from India.

In fact a misspelling of the snake genus Gerarda in the paper analyzed
by BIOSIS. So things were slightly different here. Think that plenty of
people seem to rely uncritically on that (nevertheless widely useful)
indexing business.

Helmut ZIBROWIUS
Centre d'Oceanologie de Marseille
Station Marine d'Endoume