(Fwd) Evo/Devo Faculty Position, University of Alberta

Geoff Read g.read at niwa.cri.nz
Thu Nov 15 20:50:54 EST 2001

Date sent:      	Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:05:20 -0700
To:             	molluscalist at uclink4.berkeley.edu
From:           	Rich Palmer <rich.palmer at UALBERTA.CA>
Subject:        	Evo/Devo Faculty Position, University of Alberta

I would be grateful if you would bring the ad below to the attention
of qualified applicants.  My apologies to those who receive this
message more than once  .  .  .  the challenge of avoiding duplicate
mailings is a nontrivial one.
 Thanks very much for your help.
 Rich Palmer

--------------------------------------
EVOLUTIONARY DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY
--------------------------------------

UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA - The Department of Biological Sciences
invites applications for an Assistant Professor (tenure-track) position in
evolutionary developmental biology to begin July 1, 2002. This appointment
will be made under the auspices of the Canada Research Chairs Program
(Tier II level). The candidate should have a strong record of research
examining patterns or mechanisms of development from a comparative or
evolutionary perspective, as well as potential for excellence in teaching. A
research focus on marine organisms would be a significant asset to the
Department, but outstanding applicants who work on other systems will also
be seriously considered. The department offers an exciting environment for
collaboration, with internationally recognized strengths in systematics &
evolution, molecular biology & genetics, physiology & cell biology, and
aquatic & terrestrial ecology (see: http://www.biology.ualberta.ca).
Research excellence of our 75 faculty members and 275 graduate students
is supported by exceptional infrastructure, including extensive museum
collections, a modern molecular biology service unit, advanced microscopy
and imaging capabilities, extensive controlled-environment facilities, and
several field stations including the renowned Bamfield Marine Sciences
Centre. Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, one-page summaries
of research plans and teaching interests, and reprints of their three most
significant publications to positions at biology.ualberta.ca or Dr. Gregory J.
Taylor, Chair, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta,
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2E9. Applicants should also arrange for
three reference letters to be submitted. Closing date: December 15, 2001.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be
given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. If suitable
Canadian citizens and permanent residents cannot be found, other
individuals will be considered. Records arising from this competition will be
managed in accordance with provisions of the Alberta Freedom of
Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The University of Alberta hires
on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principle of equity
employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all
qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of
visible minorities and Aboriginal persons.

--
o--------------------------------------------------o
A. Richard Palmer
Department of Biological Sciences
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2E9  CANADA
phone:  (780) 492-3633
message:  (780) 492-3308
FAX:  (780) 492-9234
http://www.biology.ualberta.ca/palmer.hp/palmer.html
   (biological asymmetries, software, course notes)