Pea crabs symbiotic with polychaetes

Petersen, Mary Elizabeth MEPetersen at zmuc.ku.dk
Thu Nov 29 15:47:04 EST 2001

Dear Greg,

There is a list of the reported crabs symbiotic with the family
Chaetopteridae in the paper by me and Temir Britayev:

Petersen, M. E. & T. A. Britayev. 1997. A new genus and species of
polynoid scaleworm commensal with Chaetopterus appendiculatus Grube
from the Banda Sea (Annelida: Polychaeta), with a review of commensals
of Chaetopteridae. - Bull. Mar. Sci. 60 (2): 261-276.

Most of our data are from the literature, but as some of the reports were
older ones, Jack Pearce and the late Austin B. Williams kindly reviewed the
list, provided us with updated names and references to revisions and other
papers we had overlooked.

I can't help you with material (Temir might be able to), but this may give
you some ideas as to what is present and where the listed taxa might be
sought.

Good luck with your project!

Mary

Mary E. Petersen
Zoological Museum, University of Copenhagen
Tel +45-35 32 10 67 - Fax +45-35 32 10 10
E-mail: mepetersen at zmuc.ku.dk