Found worm in hot spring

Holland, Neal neal.holland at
Thu Sep 6 14:34:23 EST 2001

My name is Neal Holland and I'm trying to find out the name of a specific
red worm I found living in a hot spring. This worm is red when alive,
segmented, it has cilia at its mouth parts, no specimens were found to be
longer than 1.5cm, they seem to be living in the sands of the springs but
when agitated float about in the water convulsing like mosquito larvae, the
temperature of these springs range from 110°F-appx the mid 80°F. Can
you help me to classify this animal?

Neal Holland
assistant scientist I
Pfizer Global R&D