New Marine Science Portal

Hans Hillewaert hans.hillewaert at
Mon Jan 7 20:19:03 EST 2002

With pleasure (and some pride) we announce the birth of a new Marine
Sciences Portal for the North Atlantic and the Mediterranean.

The eSeFDee Marine Sciences Portal has links to:

The websites of over 300 international organisations, management bodies,
research institutes, information centres and data centres, whose field of
operation includes the North Atlantic and/or the Mediterranean, or parts
thereof. These sites are grouped by patronising organisation (e.g.
European Commission, United Nations) or by country. Major
oceanography and marine science portals. Taxonomical websites and
databases of particular relevance to the North Atlantic and/or the
Mediterranean. Key documents on (marine) biota, the (marine)
environment, living marine resources and related issues. Online marine
scientific journals. If you know of any website that might be worth including
in the eSeFDee Marine Sciences Portal, or if you want to report a broken
link, then please contact our webmaster.

The Portal can be found at

Hans Hillewaert and Frank Redant
Biologists at DvZ

<hans.hillewaert at>