Usage: Hemipodia / Hemipodus

Kristian Fauchald Fauchald.Kristian at NMNH.SI.EDU
Mon Jun 10 15:00:43 EST 2002

My opinion on Hemipodus vs Hemipodia is basically that Markus has done
what should have been done by previous reviewers.  These taxa are not
particularly or unusually important in the non-systematic literature; it is not an
issue of digging up a very dubious name out of the graveyard of systematics:
 There can be no doubt that they cover the same taxa. Furthermore with the
computerization of citations etc., it is not going to lead to loss of information.
I agree with Geoff that I sort of regret these kinds of changes.  I will probably
continue, at least orally, to refer to these four species (which is not too often)
by the name Hemipodus and then remember afterwards that I was not
supposed to do so!