Goodbye Naididae?

Land, J. van der Land at
Thu Mar 21 14:41:42 EST 2002

Referring to the abstract Geoff sent us:

Several years ago I published a list of marine fish families of the world. I was
then critisized by a fundamentalist-cladist  for not including the reptiles, birds
and mammals. I think most biologists are still quite happy to use these group
names although they know that the tetrapods originated from fish-like
ancestors. Similarly Naididae can still be used as a family name by those
who find this practical.

Dr Jacob van der Land
National Museum of Natural History - Naturalis
P.O.Box 9517, 2300 RA  Leiden
the Netherlands
e-mail: land at