Palaeoceanographer needs advice on tube worm fossils

Geoff Read at
Tue May 7 15:33:08 EST 2002

James Bendle wrote:

> Firstly, I am seeking help in identifying the specimens. Would anyone
> recommend a text book which could aid me or if anyone has the time or
> inclination and would like to have a go themselves - I have attached some
> stills of the samples.

Like most public mailing lists ANNELIDA does not allow attachments, be
these pictures or documents.  Text only please.  Pictures are best dealt with
by putting them on a web site if possible. Then those that want to can go
look, and those that don't aren't bothered. Pictures tend to be very large files
and thus are not welcomed by everybody. In this case the picture files arrived
in a damaged state.  Imagine the time waste for several hundred people if I
had let them thru.

ANNELIDA moderator,

  Geoff Read < at>