Conservation of marine inverts

Geoff Read g.read at niwa.co.nz
Wed Oct 2 16:05:17 EST 2002

>  an Overview of the conservation status of marine invertebrates in
> Australia's EEZ by Ponder et al. has just gone onto the
> Australian Museum web site ...

The direct url is:

 http://www.austmus.gov.au/invertebrates/pdf/marineoverview.pdf

I don't know if there is a lead-in web page.   Be warned that this is a 3.5
Megabyte document of some 588 pages ....   It is enormous - a lot of work by
its authors, one of which Pat modestly forebore to mention was herself.

A short quote from the executive summary, itself 16 pages long.

"This overview encompasses all aspects of marine invertebrate conservation
in Australia and its territories, including the current state of knowledge,
conservation issues and approaches, details of threatening processes,
recommendations for conservation strategies, information resources, gaps
and shortfalls and recommendations, including research needs, necessary
to overcome these shortcomings. Appendices detailing collection resources
and marine societies are also provided."

Ponder, W.; Hutchings, P. ; Chapman, R. 2002: Overview Of The
Conservation Of Australian Marine Invertebrates. A Report For Environment
Australia. Australian Museum.

--
  Geoff Read <g.read at niwa.co.nz>
  http://www.annelida.net/