Annelida hemoglobin

Xavier Bailly bailly at sb-roscoff.fr
Mon Oct 7 14:05:13 EST 2002

Hello,

One never know ...

I was wondering if maybe some of you have some unpublished (complete or
partial) globin sequences from annelids which could be use and published in
a study dealing with the evolution of annelid sulfide binding function of
hemoglobin from different sulfide-rich an sulfide free environment.

A previous article have been recently published on this topic (see: Bailly et al,
Mol Biol Evol 2002, Evolution of the sulfide-binding function within the globin
multigenic family of the deep-sea hydrothermal vent tubeworm Riftia
pachyptila, pp 1421-1433 ) .

I have finished a second and enlarged molecular evolutionary study with new
globins and with a quite new approach based on molecular genetics
analysis. An article is already written and ready to be submitted BUT .... i
thought (a bit late) that maybe some of you have some interesting but
isolated (globin) data which could be add to this present work , either amino
acid or nucleic sequences ??

I precisely thought to Arenicolidae globin (Arenicola marina for instance) but
also other annelids would be convenient and interresting ...

Please feel free to contact me to have more details at bailly at sb-roscoff.fr

Have a nice day

xavier

Xavier Bailly (PhD)

Ecophysiology group
and
Evolution and Genetics of Marine Populations group

Station Biologique de Roscoff
Place Georges Tessier
29680 Roscoff Cedex

tel: (33) 2 98 29 23 23