Sabella spallanzanii colour

Geoff Read at
Mon Oct 14 01:57:04 EST 2002

Hi folks,

Does anyone have a confident view from personal observation on the live
colour pattern of Sabella spallanzanii radioles, and the body colour? What is
the main colour of both, what is the banding of both, or are a range of colour
morphs the norm? The information is required to help public awareness
if/when the species enters NZ waters.  You can assume I have some idea of
what is noted in web pages about it, but please let me know if there's
something on the net I'm unlikely to have come across readily.

Also if anyone has a particularly good crown photo please drop me a note.

Thanks very much,

  Geoff Read < at>