Mediomastus californicus???

Geoff Read at
Mon Feb 3 15:00:58 EST 2003

Should there be any hint of language hegemony taken from my previous
post, my point was concerned with SUSEQUENT change of an epithet
ending, and the undesirability thereof for many reasons - in my opinion.
Latininisation persists partly because it provides a neutral source of labels
acceptable to the most people, whatever their native language.  But in the
end binominals are just labels, tags for linking information to entities, even if
often redolent of history, and enjoyable for bizarreness, unpronounceability,
euphony, etc.

  Geoff Read < at>