Syllidae revision project

maite.aguado at uam.es maite.aguado at uam.es
Thu May 22 15:34:48 EST 2003

My name is Mª Teresa Aguado ("Maite") and I have taken my MSc degree
dissertation on the interstitial polychaetes from the Coiba National Park
(Panamá). Now, I am starting my Ph. D. Thesis on Syllidae, under
supervision of Dr. Guillermo San Martín. My Thesis has two main objectives.
The first one is to perform a phylogenetic revision of the whole family,
proposing a new classification based on cladistics, and stating which genera
are valid, and which species belong to each group,with re-descriptions of the
yet poorly-known genera and keys for identification. We are currently working
with the subfamily Exogoninae. The second objective is to contribute to the
taxonomic knowledge of this family all around the world. I have already
examined collections from Japan, Lebanon and Perú, but I am interested on
collections from everywhere. If you have unidentified collections of Syllidae,
and if nobody else wants to identify them, I will be very grateful if you could
send them to me. After studying, they will be returned back to your institution.
With all my best wishes,

María Teresa Aguado Molina
Departamento de Biología (Zoología)
Laboratorio de Biología Marina e Invertebrados
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Canto Blanco, 28049 Madrid
Spain
e-mail: