ANNELIDA: Policy on attachments

Geoff Read at
Thu Apr 29 16:25:17 EST 2004

Hi folks,

Attachments (word docs or images) sent to ANNELIDA are stripped off at the e-mail gateway. If you send one that is what will happen, even if
I let it through as moderator.

In practice I will usually try to open text-based attachments and convert them
to plain text for incorporation in the body of the e-mail.  The result may or
may not be pleasing to the sender.  However, in my experience attachments are
unecessary in 100% of cases where text is the medium of information in a
message sent to a listserver.

Attachments may contain viruses or may be in a format unusable by many

Images and complex text you wish to distribute should be placed online in html
or pdf via a website and the link advised in the e-mail.

Moderator ANNELIDA

  Geoff Read < at>