New phylogenetics slide shows

Kirk Fitzhugh kfitzhug at
Thu Feb 5 21:07:39 EST 2004

Dear colleagues,

 I have posted at the URL listed below two more slide shows dealing with the
philosophical foundations of phylogenetics: "The Inferential Basis of
Phylogenetic Systematics" and "Testing Phylogenetic Hypotheses." There are now
five shows available for viewing. I hope to post one more show in the near
future which provides formal definitions for "semaphorants," "species," and
"supraspecific taxa" -- all of which are based on the inferential basis for
each of the concepts associated with these terms.

Thanks much,

J. Kirk Fitzhugh, Ph.D.
Associate Curator of Polychaetes
Invertebrate Zoology Section
Research & Collections Branch
Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History
900 Exposition Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90007

Phone: 213-763-3233
FAX: 213-746-2999