Boring activity

Elianne Omena eomena at
Fri Jan 9 16:31:43 EST 2004

Dear Annelideans

I received some samples taken from encased cables used to support
offshore oil platforms. The cables were destroyed and the technicians
would like to know if it was caused by any kind of boring or encrusting

Unfortunately the material is very bad badly preserved and I can only
check some jaw parts and chaeta which belonged to Eunicids. As this
family is considered a reef boring component, I would like to ask you if
there any chance that they are attacking also man made structures like
this kind of marine cables?

Thanks for your help

Elianne Omena

Discuss   = annelida at      = talk to all members
Server    = biosci-server at = un/subscribes