Marian Pettibone

pknight-jones pknight-jones at supanet.com
Sun Jan 11 15:09:17 EST 2004

Marian's death is certainly a great loss to Polychaetology, Wyn (87) and I
(70) can only hope that we will last as long. We have corresponded with Marian
for a few decades now and her Christmas card notes often suggested that we
should arrange a visit to the Smithsonian. We now regret that we did not go
there and that we did not attend her ''70th' Anniversary meeting in Denver.

However, on the mid-conference (2nd Int. Polychaete) excursion to Isefjord
Marine Station, of Rasmussen fame, Marian and I caught up on poly. news,
cabbages and Kings on both coach journeys (Wyn was gallantly looking after our
young daughter at home). Marian and I had much in common and I was delighted
by her sharp mind and range of interests.

It is good to read the eulogistic comments of other colleagues. We only wish
that we had known her that well.

Phyllis and Wyn Knight-Jones

Phyllis Knight-Jones

Bryngwyn, Llanrhidian, Gower,
Swansea SA3 1EE,  U. K.
Tel 01792 390955
University of Wales
Swansea School of Biological Sciences,
Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, Wales, UK
<pknight-jones at supanet.com>