Trichobranchinae type depositories

Andre Garraffoni garraffoni at
Thu Jun 3 14:41:58 EST 2004

Dear all,

Paulo Lana and I are finishing a catalogue about the
subfamilyTrichobranchidae (Terebellidae). However, we could not find some
typedepositories of some species. We would be glad if someone could sendus
some informations about the type depositories of the followings species:

Octobranchus japonicus Hessle, 1917
Octobranchus lingulatus (Grube, 1863)
Octobranchus pacificus (Berkeley & Berkeley, 1954)
Terebellides eurystethus Chamberlin, 1919
Terebellides intoshi Caullery, 1915
Terebellides kobei Hessle, 1917
Terebellides longicaudatus Hessle, 1917
Terebellides moori Hessle, 1917
Terebellides stroemii Sars, 1835
Terebellides ypsilon Grube, 1878
Trichobranchus lobiungens Hessle, 1917

Thank you very much,

Best Regards,

André Garraffoni

--------- "Muitos me julgarao aventureiro, e o sou; so que de um tipo
diferente, dos que arriscam a pele para defender suas verdades." (Ernesto Che

"Scientists do not actually seek the truth, because truth is unknowable.
Scientists do, however, attempt to approach some unaffainable objective truth,
and so by critically evaluating different explanations. Hypotheses can never
be proven true, as inductivists seek to do, nor be proven false, as
deductivists claim to be able to do; however, they can be found to be more or
less coroborated. Those that persist continue to be more corroborated; the
others do not." (Kluge, 1997)

MSc. Andre Rinaldo Senna Garraffoni

Av. Beira-mar s/n
Caixa Postal 50002