Dr. Joseph Simon obituary

Karlen, David Karlen at epchc.org
Wed Mar 24 15:09:47 EST 2004

Dear friends,

Below is a link to Dr. Simon’s obituary which was published this morning on
the on-line edition of the Tampa Tribune:

http://legacy.com/TBO/LegacysubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=2056993

I only knew Joe for a short time, but I did have the honor of serving as his
last T.A. for Invertebrate Zoology before his retirement in 2002, and I gained
a lot from that experience. Dr. Simon was a great teacher, mentor, and friend;
he always maintained a high level of professionalism and expected no less from
his students (or his T.A.s).  He will be greatly missed by everyone who knew
him.

-Dave Karlen

David J. Karlen, Environmental Scientist II
Benthic Laboratory Coordinator
Environmental Resources Management Division
Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County
1410 N. 21st. Street
Tampa, FL 33605
Phone: (813) 272-5960 x1202 (office); x1200 (lab)
Fax: (813) 272-7144
Email: karlen at epchc.org