Scoloplos samples

Christoph Bleidorn cbleidorn at
Thu Nov 4 14:14:57 EST 2004

Dear colleagues,

in a series of recent papers Inken Kruse and co-workers have shown that the
orbiniid taxon assigned as Scoloplos armiger represents more than one species
in the North Sea. With this results in mind we started to sample Scoloplos cf.
armiger individuals from different localities to investigate the distribution
of this species and to see if this is an even bigger species complex than it
has been thought. To get a better taxon sampling I am looking for ethanol
preserved specimens for subsequent DNA-extraction. Animals from the
Mediterranean would be especially interesting.

Best wishes,

Christoph Bleidorn

Christoph Bleidorn
Systematik und Evolution der Tiere